boundary & guttering dispute

am i reading this right?he has entred on to your property to attach his guttering into your down pipe?
if so why not cut the thing off of your side and let his discharge onto his own property,dunno if this is legal?
but if you were to have an extension built would you have to ensure that he has a right to your drain?

Hiya gregers/alastair,
The problem has just got worse.... As you can see, the exact width between our houses at the front is 225 inches, his "half" is 118" & my half is 107", I only measured this, cos he said the drain on my patio was half his, & that his garage has always been larger than mine, so he was quite legally running his gutterings over his own space, & into a shared drain. I think that some thing had taken place between him & the builders (he was the 1st person to buy on the estate, allegedly) for his garage to be bigger than mine. On the outside there is a bricks width each next to the houses, the same size garage doors & 5 bricks inbetween the garage doors, so logically we should each have 2 & half bricks on the inside....but.. I only have one brick.. Would i be able to get a copy of the site plans from somewhere, from 1966.. I have a copy of the title plan which DOES NOT show his extension. Don't want to go down that line yet, tho. Thx.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back