boundary/ guttering/ roof

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pete121

I'm having a side extension built which is at early stages. Im a little concerned with design of the roof. Its a side extension to a semi detached house and the roof is designed to slope toward my neighbors house. Im a little worried the guttering will overhang into my neighbors garden.

i've raised the concern with builder, (hes doing brickwork & the roofing) and reckons its ok. Even though the foundations are dug right up to the neighbors garden boundary.

He says because he'll be building the walls up from the center of the foundation he'll have enough space to do the guttering with out overhanging into neighbors boundary.

The foundations are 600mm wide and the walls are cavity.

I have my doubts and worried incase i get into a dispute with neighbors, what should i do?
Is what he's saying right?

Or should i change the whole layout of the roof to a flat roof, with a pitch going to the rear of my house? That way i presume i wont be needing guttering on the boundary side.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back