Neighbours guttering overhangs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Just bought a new house and want to extend to the side. Neighbour has a garage and utility area both with monopitch roofs sloping towards the boundary between us. The boundary belongs to the neighbour however the facias, guttering and wall piers have all been constructed to be on my property. My extension (single storey) will have the roofs pitched up to the back of the house then down to the front so there will be a gable wall facing the neighbour. Obviously I would like to build to the boundary and maximise the size of my extension. Neighbours roofs are both polycarbonate.

Anybody have any suggestions if it would be possible to create some form of box gutter / lead flashing to replace the neighbours gutter?

Thanks

Lee

Sponsored Links
Neighbour will need to take it down and rebuild within his own boundary, not your problem.

That'll do wonders for a good neighbourly relationship won't it! :rolleyes:

As the OP seems to be hinting, much better to find a suitable compromise that leaves the relationship intact.

@ the OP theoretically its possible to create a box gutter as you surmise, may be a little Heath Robinson but if done thoughtfully it should work OK. It may also be possible to use their wall as the party wall.

We assume there has not been an amendment to the deeds or other arrangement whereby the neighbour had permission to do this.

Can you post a photo of the existing roof.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back