boundary moved by neighbour?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
By way of looking at this image...... where would you say the boundary is between the house on the left and the one on the right...

20220313_074217.jpg

A) at the edge of the driveway of the red one.... or
B) at the left edge of the brick pilar

Heres another image....

20220313_074247.jpg

I think its the edge of the driveway and that flower bed with the bushy white flowers in, belongs to the house on the left.

Heres another house on the same street..... shows the lawn on one property butting up to the driveway of the one next door...

20220313_074309.jpg

I belive the wall at the front shows the boundary...... ie, the entire wall..... pillar to pillar belongs to the house on the left....
20220313_080114.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
a dog leg to allow for the garage?

Blup

The house next door...... u can see the boundary lies along the edge of neighbouring drive..... I think it would be the same for the adjacent properties..... and hence A) rather than B).
20220313_085337.jpg

Sponsored Links
You were asking for opinions, mine is B.

If you went in that garage with the white door and turned left, are you on next doors land inside the garage?

There's about half a brick of space inside the garage if u turn left. The gable wall of the left house is more or less in line with the line of the driveway. If the house on the right wanted to construct a fence along this line.....
20220313_090525.jpg

Do u think its legit. Looks to me like they're nicking a bit of land from the house on the left. This isn't a boundary dispute at the moment...... im just looking for a bit of leverage against the one on the right who is as vile a person as anyone would ever be unfortunate enough to meet and is being really obstructive.

I appreciate your opinion, so thanks..... im just countering it with what I think to see if what I think holds any water

have a look at land registry - you can get the plans for a few quid - I paid i think around £11 a few years ago
you should be able to get both houses and then see what the border line is on the land registry documents
OR you may have them from the house purchase - you usually get them when purchasing
BUT land register sometimes have plans that are not available directly online and will send them to you - agin i have done this for a different area.

I dont know any of it for fact, its just my instinct from the photo. Best check with Land Registry to be sure.

How long have you owned the house? Your solicitor should have checked at the time of purchase and possibly has it on record.

i just checked , we did get the land register title & plan information, showing change of name from solicitors - Also our solicitors archive the documents , so a charge to get from archive and after 13years they are destroyed.
But I also had the old documents from when my mother-in-law purchased the house in 1997 , and i purchased from the Estate on her death.
The Documents from the land registry are much smaller ,

start here

https://www.gov.uk/get-information-about-property-and-land/copies-of-deeds

Title Plan = £3
Title Register = £3

Last edited:
I'd say C in line with the outside face of the left houses wall, although looks like the gable overhangs so it may well also include that.
But our opinion is not going to win you an argument, especially with someone unreasonable.

This is what the land registry hold. House outlined in red is the house on the left in the above pics.

Screenshot_20220313-102649_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Does this make it any clearer? This is nowt to do with me trying to claim land.... but the owner of the house on the right is a total nightmare and won't allow proper access to my gable wall to replace the soffits n fascias. She won't allow scaffold and is kicking off all the time. She has constructed a fence in what I believe is my garden. I'm not bothered, but if she has, it gives me some leverage to gain access off a scaffold on her garage roof.

Although, ive seen much more detailed boundary documents with a 'T' used along the boundary to designate ownership.
I think thats the old documents , we had that in various houses from 1904, 1970's & 1980's

But picture from the back to show where the building override in the back of the land reg - and how that aligns to the front
If then the next door overlaps like the front

Think u might be right Nitro . Just seems a bit odd that the pillar at the front garden wall wouldn't mark the boundary.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back