boundary problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, after a bitter dispute with my neighbour over the boundary, which went to mediation, we decided to build a wall between us. we built the wall completly on our side of the boundary. he has since piled wood and steel up against his side, the wall is already showing signs of damage, before i sort him out is he tresspasing on my property by what he is doing.many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
if the wall is fully on your land he is not allowed to touch it without your express permision that includes painting affixing to or touching the wall
if its on the boundery then a bit more tact needs to apply
if its fully on your land then touching is trespass painting could be criminal damage
it all depends on how easy you want your life realy
even better if it clearly on your land by say 1" as every thing on his side must stop 1" short or more
again compromise would be good

Sponsored Links
if the wall is fully on your land he is not allowed to touch it without your express permision that includes painting affixing to or touching the wall
if its on the boundery then a bit more tact needs to apply
if its fully on your land then touching is trespass painting could be criminal damage
it all depends on how easy you want your life realy
even better if it clearly on your land by say 1" as every thing on his side must stop 1" short or more
again compromise would be good

we have tried to ignore what he is doing. the wall is fully on our side of the boundary. he has piled rubbish up against it, including tyres. there is now damage to the wall making it unstable, no one can confirm that he is tresspasing , only that I am entitled to push the rubbish away. only that I would need a engineers report to confirm he did the damage. shurly I have a right to protect my property from this low life scum, he has already attacked a member of my family In the street ,damaging two cars , one being written off. sorry for long post , but I have had enough. thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back