Bow in Roof - How big could the problem be?

Hi,
Me again. Just an update on this, and some further advice if possible. I have done a lot of research into the (possible) issue of the sagging roof. I have since found that full building regulations were adhered to, and signed off for the loft conversion in 2004 - although done correctly, the roof still bothers me. I was thinking that what could have happened is that the new owners converted this house from a four to five bedroom house in doing this they would have needed to add the two velux windows to the now small fifth bedroom as seen in the photo- if this has caused the problem with the roof can i be corrected? I would look to convert it back to four bedrooms anyway so could one solution could be to remove the larger window, and strengthen the supports and re-tile that portion?. Hopefully the problem may not be a big as I first feared but hopefully somebody may be able to confirm this.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back