Bowed Fencing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We're in the process of sorting out the garden, all our fences are concrete posts with featherboard panels on gravel boards.

IMG_20220525_152256.jpg

Some of the panels have bowed at the bottom, I haven't got £800 to replace them at the minute is there anyway of straightening them, maybe fitting new rails at the bottom and middle?

I've seen the above on ebay, has anyone ever used them with any success?

Thanks
Chris

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Those brackets look like they'd be fairly effective, at correcting the bowing at the bottom at any rate, assuming the panels can be physically lifted and pulled back to drop into place in one manoeuvre.

Getting panels in and out won't be an issue, the whole things being reposted as it was put up by a muppet with a 18" gap at one end then a 2ft panel at the other end, why they didn't space it out to take the gap out who knows.

We'll also be removing about 16" of soil against the fence to get the garden level which will likely undermine the current posts strength so it will all come down and be redone, I'm just having to keep the current panels as the rest of the work is swallowing the budget

The reason for the strange spacing is usually because of the lumps of concrete left behind from the previous fence. Far easier to do a shorter panel or two then to dig out and dispose of 5/10+ lumps of concrete!

Sponsored Links
Hi, I've used these clips for this very same problem, using 2 clips on the bottom rail. Slid/lifted the fence panel a couple of feet, screwed the clips to the panel's bottom rail, lowered the said fence panel getting the clip to hook over the concrete gravel board, worked a treat. Also installed them when erecting a new fence, for daughter.
clips.jpg

Maybe a lick of Ronseal would be a good idea for your new fence panels.
That'll help prevent warping.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back