Pressure washer gutter cleaner - any good?

WSB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are these attachments to pressure washer as shown in linkd below any good?

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Rigid pipe total length, suggests only useful for a bungalow, or a two storey working from a ladder.

• Thanks
Reactions: WSB
I bought a Karcher adjustable pole thingy with a swivel neck to blast out my gutters. Worked well but I needed to wash the front and back of the house down afterwards!

• Thanks
Sponsored Links
I bought a Karcher adjustable pole thingy with a swivel neck to blast out my gutters. Worked well but I needed to wash the front and back of the house down afterwards!
Do you have a look to the one you bought? Please

Do you have a look to the one you bought? Please

• Thanks
My north facing gutter, is the one which chokes up with debris. Luckily, there is handy flat roof, from which to reach it from, via a couple of single ladders - one up to the flat roof, the other up to the gutter. I bent a bit of 15mm copper pipe, into an inverted J, formed a jet in the end, and fitted a hozelock adaptor, so it plugged into a garden hose. Hook that onto the outer end of the gutter, turn it on, then poke the debris in the gutter along with a sponge tapped onto a length of plastic conduit.

I don't need to tackle it this year...

I had my roofer replace some tiles, and he gave the gutter a clean out with a hand brush.

• Thanks
My north facing gutter, is the one which chokes up with debris. Luckily, there is handy flat roof, from which to reach it from, via a couple of single ladders - one up to the flat roof, the other up to the gutter. I bent a bit of 15mm copper pipe, into an inverted J, formed a jet in the end, and fitted a hozelock adaptor, so it plugged into a garden hose. Hook that onto the outer end of the gutter, turn it on, then poke the debris in the gutter along with a sponge tapped onto a length of plastic conduit.

I don't need to tackle it this year...

I had my roofer replace some tiles, and he gave the gutter a clean out with a hand brush.
Ingenious

Have you tried/had any success installing gutter brushes Harry? I'm considering them for a deep flow at the front of my place that replaced an ogee.. First thing I've noticed is that the deep flow seems to collect sycamore seeds far more easily than the ogee (though the blockage this year appeared to be caused by the roofers using 60mm screws to hold the downpipe to the gutter, and didn't bother to trim the 3x 55mm they left poking into the downpipe throat.. Ho hum.)

Have you tried/had any success installing gutter brushes Harry? I'm considering them for a deep flow at the front of my place that replaced an ogee.. First thing I've noticed is that the deep flow seems to collect sycamore seeds far more easily than the ogee (though the blockage this year appeared to be caused by the roofers using 60mm screws to hold the downpipe to the gutter, and didn't bother to trim the 3x 55mm they left poking into the downpipe throat.. Ho hum.)
I use gutter brushes mainly in sections over the down pipes to keep them clear and then a run in the gutter underneath a large oak tree. Works for me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back