Box gutter lining - choices for DIYer - baby due in 5wks! :S

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi chaps,

I'm building an extension on a notice, with no pro drawings or builder, but each inspection from LBCO has been signed off with no snags.

I'm hoping to get the roof carcass signed off on Monday, then it is on with the box gutter while I wait for the brickies (had to employ them!) to come and finish the last course of the lean-to walls which involves the cuts to finish flush to the rafters...

Q, I need to make my damn mind up what finish to use on the box gutter. I'm happy with the fall, ply lining, shape and support etc, but I can't make up my mind what to line it with?

Money is tight and time is of the essence (first child due in 5wks and this extension is part of the kitchen!!).

I'm considering fibreglass, flashband (eek!) and EPDM - I think lead is out of reach (£) :(

Any advise welcome!

Cheers
Tom

Sponsored Links
Thanks. I've just watched a few videos on you tube, and priced it, and it's favourite...

Which ever solution, I also need to get my head around (and there might be something on the market already) how I can take the water through the parapet wall (4" concrete block) - i'm looking for a spout of some description, but clearly don't have the terminology right to find - any ideas?

Thanks again
Tom

Sponsored Links
Thanks. I've just watched a few videos on you tube, and priced it, and it's favourite...

Which ever solution, I also need to get my head around (and there might be something on the market already) how I can take the water through the parapet wall (4" concrete block) - i'm looking for a spout of some description, but clearly don't have the terminology right to find - any ideas?

Thanks again
Tom

EDIT: Scupper - obvious really!
http://www.roofingsuperstore.co.uk/...-x-80mm.html?gclid=CNmP1dayyLkCFRMPtAodlhwAgw

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back