Box Gutter Woes - Temp Solution?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all
I have a box gutter along the side of my small kitchen extension that is pooling rain water and not draining properly. Two sections of pooling about 1m each in a box gutter run of about 6m.

The construction looks like original wood construction with felt and lead. I'm also getting a damp patch on the inside wall through the plasterboard above the box gutter where one of the pools is. I'm assuming that during rain the pooling sections are overflowing and running down into the cavity and getting inside wet.

I've got a quote to replace the roof but the roofer can't do it for a couple of months.

Any advice on how I could temporarily seal this off and stop water ingress? Difficult to know where the water is actually coming in but as the pitch on the roof isn't very steep I'm guessing under the first tile and over the edge of the felt into the cavity.

Any help gratefully received.

thanks

Sponsored Links
MrSmith100, good evening.

For a temporary fix?

Suggest you have a look at "Acropol"

Or "Flashband" or even " Bituthene"

Ken.

Thank you Ken. I'll take a look at those options.

Only temporary as the roofer can't start till March!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back