Box gutter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had a roof done and the roofer has lined the box gutters with a rubber sheeting, designed for flat roof areas. One of the box gutters does nt drain and now has a pool of standing water in it, till the water reaches a certain height then the excess only will drain out. I did know this particular section does nt drain and mentioned it to him. However it has nt been rectified. Section is about 8 feet long and about 10 inches wide. Is this a major problem? Should the rubber be able to hold this permanently ?[/img]
GALLERY]

Sponsored Links
Provided it is done correctly there should be no adverse effects on the roofing membrane sitting in water.

However it looks like (at the furthest point away from the where the photographer is stood) that there is very little distance between the level of the water and the bottom of the lowest course of tiles. Do you know what the detail is there? I would be concerned that on a windy day water will be getting blown up the gap under the tiles. And not just a few wind blown drops but actual waves.

This issue may also occur opposite the chimney too but obviously the photo does not show that bit.

How deep is the water? How high up the slope (under the felt) does the gutter lining membrane go?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back