box joints?

Sponsored Links
uisng a straight router bit on a router table I see by having a bit of a search - but how do I set up the table / make a jig?

ta

Easy is not the word I would use. Once you have got it sorted it might be easy, but it is a deceptive joint and looks simple. Do lots of research, and you will probably come to the conclusion that a spiral cut bit is the thing to go for to reduce chipout, breakout, splintering, whatever you like to call it.

Sponsored Links
hmmmmm. thanks for warning . . .what other joint could I use for making very small drawers?
thanks

Yes you can do finger joints with a router. A relatively simple jig is needed with a locating peg (dia same as finger) spaced the same (finger) distance from the router cutter (size of finger, obviously). End cut though timber (stagger & clamp the boards together so alternate pins are cut in one action) and have a sacrificial piece to prevent breakout. It goes without saying that proper support of the workpiece needs to be considered.

If you've got a table saw you could make them on this.

Its not too hard to knock up a jig as symptons says. I have done it with the router table and table saw using a blade with flat top teeth. Use my Leigh jig now though.

Jason

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back