BP's maths doesnt add up............

• Thread starter Lincsbodger
  • Start date
L

Lincsbodger

According the the CEO of BP

The containment cap is producing around 10,000 barrels of oil a day to the surface which is being processed on the surface,' he said.

Asked what proportion that represented of the total oil leaking, Hayward said: 'At the moment it's difficult to say but we would expect it to be the majority, probably the vast majority of the oil.'

Wait a minute. We were told the well was leaking 200,000 gallons a day. Theres 50 gallons in a barrel, so 10,000 x 50 = 500,000 gallons.

Somebody is lying somewhere.

Sponsored Links
With Maths like that, he'll probably be given a peerage and drafted into the treasury department. ;) ;) ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
now my head hurts...

is crude measured differently to refined?

Hurt no more...
OilBarrel.jpg

:D

thanks, empip, so I take it crude is not sold/traded in the familiar 45/Imp 50/US barrels we are familiar with in the oil/chemical products world? Misleading, that.

even at the worst rate, 10k barrels is still 350,000 gallons, stile nearly twice what they claimed was leaking out in the first place.

'Tis an Americana unit of measure - not an actual tub / barrel / drum size of today.
-0-

cheers, empip, i'd never given it much thought before.
I suppose we could take heart in the knowledge that although this catastrophe is a result of man's exploration/exploitation of resources, it is something which could have happened naturally at some point in time as a result of geological events, with similar, but non-containable, results.
It must be heart-breaking to live near and see the consequences of the 'spill'.

My post wasn't 'newspaper talk'! I guess you mean Lincs'?

Sponsored Links
Back