Brand new Heating System - Cannot get up to temperature!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Nige, I wrote down the info about the room sizes/rads and left it at home! Were getting the internet on monday though so it will be easier.

I have turned the rads in the spare rooms on to setting no. 1.

I spoke to British Gas last night and asked them to work out how much gas we had used since the 3rd of Jan (which is when I received the first bill for £160) since then we have had the heating off as much as possible, and sat freezing in the house! like I said before the days that we have had the heating on, its been for 4 hours in an evening, off at night, off in the morning, off all day, and just on from 6-10pm when we get in. British Gas worked out from our accurate meter readings that in 14 days we had used £80, which would seem about right if it was on constantly, but it hasnt, so over the course of a month it would be £160 again! I don't know how I can get the bills down. I feel like just never turning it on! But that seems to defeat the point of having an ecotec boiler which is supposedly really economic!

Sponsored Links
I hope not, tonight I will try turning the gas off at the mains and see if the meter turns.

Sponsored Links
No turn all your appliances off and read the meter before going to bed then read it again when you get up before switching on your appliances NB this is not how you test for a gas escape if you think you have a gas escape turn the gas off at the main emergency control valve and call the emergency number immediately

Dont know why you have started a new thread!

As I said in my invisible reply before £1400 pa is about what to expect in gas bills for a medium size house.

In the winter £160 per month is even a bit low!

Are you heating unoccupied rooms?

Tony

Tony - I am new here. I thought I had posted a reply not a new thread! I am very sorry! I am not sure why you are so hostile when I am only here looking for advise from others!

He's hostile because your still askin questions after he's given you what he sees as being the answer. Right or wrong you have Tony's answer and it should be so!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back