Breeze Block Dimensions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I understand that the term "breeze block" is a generic name for all sorts of clinker based block used in the '60s and 70's because it was cheap but is no longer in use within the building industry. I guess Thermalite is todays equivalent.

Anyhow, I'm removing a doorway in an internal, non-load bearing wall in my 1960's house. I want to "brick it up" with Themalite blocks which I've already bought. Having removed the wooden door frame, I can now see the breeze blocks but they are much thinner that I expected....measuring about 3.5 inches whereas regular bricks / Themalite are 4 inches.

I think I can still use the Themalite blocks but the plaster layer is going to be very thin.....

Does this sound right? Did they make breeze blocks that were thinner than regular bricks / Themalite?

Thanks

Paul

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back