Breeze block garage

Its rendered so moisture should not be an issue not unlike the Kingspan K118 specView attachment 249976
As for:
...although, would the battens need better protection from water ingress, if attached directly to the single skin?
The Kingspan specs recommend backing the battens with DPC :)

Screenshot_20211108-110653_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Edit:
Ooops, sorry @noseall , I didn't notice your comment about running DPM behind the battens.

Sponsored Links
Read my post again and see if you can get where the DPM membrane occurs relative to the damp outside wall. I look forward to hearing that distinctive noise as you slap your own 'ed.
According to your plan the dpm runs 600mm up the wall . against the potentially soaked single block.
what I asked was what happens to the potential water/moisture that will innevitably soak straight through the block regardless of whether its rendered or not.

According to your plan the dpm runs 600mm up the wall . against the potentially soaked single block.
what I asked was what happens to the potential water/moisture that will innevitably soak straight through the block regardless of whether its rendered or not.
The 600mm DPM up the wall is merely a lap for the vertical DPM which covers the wall and is trapped behind the battens and Iinsulation.

It's not difficult to grasp.

Sponsored Links
The water or damp does what it always did and remains in the block.

The 600mm DPM up the wall is merely a lap for the vertical DPM which covers the wall and is trapped behind the battens and Iinsulation.

It's not difficult to grasp.
its not difficult to grasp if youd stated dpm the whole wall in the first place. and still no answer to where the moisture will go.

Semantics. You seem to be the only one not grasping the idea.

Last edited:
Boo fekkin hoo
theres no need to pout. Because someone disagrees with your cowboy method, which is frankly idiotic.
trapping moisture behind a plastic sheet with no potential for evap or ventilation .
nonsense.

theres no need to pout. Because someone disagrees with your cowboy method, which is frankly idiotic.
trapping moisture behind a plastic sheet with no potential for evap or ventilation .
nonsense.
Stick to plastering boyo. You are clueless.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back