BREXIT BACKLASH: UK scientists will REFUSE to co-operate with EU after shock Horizon snub

B

Bodd

BREXIT BACKLASH: UK scientists will REFUSE to co-operate with EU after shock Horizon snub

UK's top researchers have attacked the EU after officials rejected Theresa May's appeal for a special Brexit deal on science and research collaborations.

Professor Michael Loretto, metallurgy scientist from University of Birmingham declared Britain's scientists will refuse to work with Brussels for a less than favourable policy in the scheme, known as Horizon 2020, insisting the new programme will inevitably put the EU in a "worse off position".

Sponsored Links
He said: "The UK is the strongest scientific nation in Europe and if an agreement is unfavourable, then we will have no deal."

"If we do not get a deal that is favourable, then we will not cooperate on our part.

"Less access to science collaborations will have a worse impact on the EU than the UK - it puts them in a worse off position.

will have a worse impact on the EU than the UK - it puts them in a worse off position.

That sounds a familiar old tune.

Must be why the Brexit deal was negotiated so quickly and everything now sorted out.

Ooops… my mistake.

Sponsored Links
He said: "The UK is the strongest scientific nation in Europe and if an agreement is unfavourable, then we will have no deal."

"If we do not get a deal that is favourable, then we will not cooperate on our part.

"Less access to science collaborations will have a worse impact on the EU than the UK - it puts them in a worse off position.
What do you suppose the EU will do about it? (Not a trick question)

Well I've looked into this extensively.
I have yet to conclude my results
My guess is they will look at the brilliant scientist pool they can choose from the other 27 nations.

Have you thought about the consequences to the UK? Ever heard of the phrase "cutting your nose off......."

My guess is they will look at the brilliant scientist pool they can choose from the other 27 nations.

Have you thought about the consequences to the UK? Ever heard of the phrase "cutting your nose off......."

to spite your face ?

Bodd mask has fallen.

It's from the Express and it's heavy on words but Bodd conveniently missed out the salient sentence.

EU research programmes only fund around three percent of UK research and development activity.

"So the impact of any significant change in our scientific relationship with the EU would in reality be very small. "

Much ado about nothing.

Bodd mask has fallen.

It's from the Express and it's heavy on words but Bodd conveniently missed out the salient sentence.

EU research programmes only fund around three percent of UK research and development activity.

"So the impact of any significant change in our scientific relationship with the EU would in reality be very small. "

Much ado about nothing.

It is really

Sponsored Links
Back