Brexit Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a company was losing, according to the link you provide, "hundreds of thousands of pounds,” because they can’t get the pickers, perhaps they should consider paying more than the minimum wage. Tight ****s. Anyway, they’ve just changed names to a dormant company so something smells.

If they could get the pickers, how would they accommodate them six to a caravan and stay within lockdown rules. I think this is more covid related than brexit related.

Sponsored Links
If they could get the pickers, how would they accommodate them six to a caravan and stay within lockdown rules. I think this is more covid related than brexit related.
Shortage of pickers in 2019

10,000 EU nurses left UK before 2020

Sponsored Links
There seems to be a massive decline in negative Brexit posts recently. How have the 1st two months been for everyone?
I’ve had delays getting some parts & longer lead times on some sanitary ware & have taken to preordering in advance to cover this.
Has anyone had medicine shortages or shortages in supermarkets?
UK customs checks were not applied on 1/1/21
Some will be applied on 1/4/21
And the rest will be applied on 1/7/21
UK importers brace for 'disaster' as new Brexit customs checks loom
Exporters badly hit already but KPMG says ‘biggest headaches’ have yet to come’ for importers

Much of the focus on Brexit trade since January has been on UK exports, as the EU imposed its customs checks immediately – with hauliers reporting that the volume of exports going through British ports to the EU fell 68% last month compared with January 2020.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-brace-for-disaster-as-new-brexit-checks-loom
UK government reports that "traffic" is at normal levels, but that doesn't explain empty lorries returning to EU.
It also doesn't account for the increase in traffic from Ireland to EU, avoiding the UK land bridge.
Brexit: Why Irish freight trade is avoiding Britain
Nearly two months after Great Britain (GB) left the EU single market and customs union, the volume of freight being shipped across the Irish Sea from the Republic of Ireland to GB is still down significantly, raising further questions about government claims that trading volumes are returning to normal.
Irish freight exports

Week ending 22 February

• 49%FALL in freight volumes on Stena Line ferries from Ireland to GB

• 102%RISE in freight volumes going from Ireland to France
https://www.bbc.com/news/56201463
The information is out there, if you look for it. If you avoid it, you obviously won't see it until someone points it out to you. Then you'll probably deny it.

As explained multiple times...... I don’t read newspapers, I catch the news occasionally but base my views on my experience. NOT the views of particular media sources, hence my opening post giving the issues I have come across.
I don’t import or export anything, I don’t grow produce so why would I go out of my way to look into daffodil farmers?

As explained multiple times...... I

don’t read newspapers, I catch the news occasionally but base my views on my experience. NOT the views of particular media sources, hence my opening post giving the issues I have come across.
I don’t import or export anything, I don’t grow produce so why would I go out of my way to look into daffodil farmers?

I read one farmer has had the whole family out picking.... Even the sheep dog that's great a herding sheep but he's rubbish at picking Daffodils

Why would I deny problems Bobby? My op stated that I’ve adapted to pre ordering some products to reduce issues.
What prices have increased massively Nosey?
I’m not doubting you just genuinely asking?

Why would I deny problems Bobby? My op stated that I’ve adapted to pre ordering some products to reduce issues.
You contradict yourself:
I personally haven’t noticed any issues at the moment.

I’ve had delays getting some parts & longer lead times on some sanitary ware & have taken to preordering in advance to cover this.
You were expecting issues, so you compensated for them. You were able to pre-order extra to compensate.
Exporters were not able to do likewise.
Anyone operating a JIT process would not be able to compensate in the same manner.
JIT solutions apply to food supply processes, as well as big manufacturing business.
As explained, UK have not applied import custom checks yet. Wait until 1/4/21 to assess the situation.
Then again, wait until 1/7/21 to re-assess.

You contradict yourself:

You were expecting issues, so you compensated for them. You were able to pre-order extra to compensate.
Exporters were not able to do likewise.
Anyone operating a JIT process would not be able to compensate in the same manner.
JIT solutions apply to food supply processes, as well as big manufacturing business.
As explained, UK have not applied import custom checks yet. Wait until 1/4/21 to assess the situation.
Nissan is JIT...All is well.S/ mkts..no empty shelves or shortages as remoaoners predicted.

You contradict

Wait unti.2017.18.19 20.21......wait until Brexit happens..we all fall off a cliff..empty supermkts..no drugs.no sheep.no Nissan S/Land......Yeah..rite on.....Now we wait until July FFS.

Nissan is JIT...All is well.S/ mkts..no empty shelves or shortages as remoaoners predicted.
Honda in Swindon closed
Mitsubishi closed
Stellantis, the newly merged Fiat Chrysler and Peugeot, delayed an investment decision in Ellesmere Port
Nissan needing a battery plant in EU.

and further investment will depend on how aligned the government’s electrification objectives are with the EU.

Until 1/4/21, there are no incoming customs checks. Therefore imports of foodstuff is unaffected until 1/4/21

the brexit gift once more:

"Thousands of seasonal staff employed by the British travel industry who previously based themselves in EU resorts are now at risk of losing their jobs because of work permits required after Brexit, the sector is warning. An estimated 20,000 Britons employed in the UK’s “outbound” travel industry are affected, according to ABTA, the trade group, which has flagged the prospect of “significant disruption” to tour operators this summer."

https%3A%2F%2Fd1e00ek4ebabms.cloudfront.net%2Fproduction%2F7d25c267-7d0c-44d4-b68d-53e62b75028e.jpg

another brexit gift..... for foreign investors as they lap up UK businesses half price

UK is being asset stripped due to brexit

UK plc up for sale as overseas buyers eye bargains
Value of businesses sold to foreign predators continues to break records

"Almost two months after Brexit, the value of British businesses sold to overseas buyers is the highest on record for that period, at close to £20bn, according to Refinitiv. This comes on top of the 810 inbound deals with a combined value of £137bn during the second half of 2020, another record, making the UK the most popular destination for cross-border investment after the US. The UK is likely to lose some of its best-known companies as a result. "
https://www.ft.com/content/79e6ec3e-e869-4c77-beef-938c306ed7bc

and the brexit gift keep son giving

this time its importers

UK importers brace for 'disaster' as new Brexit customs checks loom
Exporters badly hit already but KPMG says ‘biggest headaches’ have yet to come’ for importers

British firms are warning of an escalation in Brexit red tape as the government prepares to introduce a long list of new controls on imports from the European Union in April and July.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-brace-for-disaster-as-new-brexit-checks-loom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back