Brick planters...advice required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. I'm a bit of a DIY novice but I'm wanting to build some brick planters at the end of the garden. The only issue is the garden slopes down towards the house and isn't level.
The surface I'm wanting to brick ontop of its grass/soil so what would be best to do in order to level it off?
The slope isn't severe but I don't know what would be best to do?
Do you need a hard solid foundation to lay the bricks onto?
Have some pebbles and then paving slabs placed ontop as a level base and then the bricks?

Thanks.
Photo for reference. Just seeded it recently as a temporary measure before a patio goes in. Was previously decked.

View media item 75909

Sponsored Links
bricks even a couple high need a soild concrete foundation. You can simply dig the foundatin level and then have a few bricks partially buried by the slope.

yes, just pretend the slope isn't there and dig a level trench and pour concrete at least 4 inches thick. if they are going to be any higher than 4 courses high make it about 5''

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back