brick wall

B

breezer

we want to have a brick wall to replace the one that got blown over yesterday, we want "breeze blocks" but what i would like to know, how far apart should the "support pillars" be, assuming it has any, i am not building it before you ask.

Its going to be 6 - 7 feet high and 30+ long

oh, and does any one want any bricks, :LOL: used once (not by me it was here when we arrived), walls i built are still there but this is too much for me to do

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
how far apart should the "support pillars" be,
Approx 2.4m
Its going to be 6 - 7 feet high and 30+ long
A single wall is only suitable to a height of up to 450mm, anything higher should be double-wall for strength.

I would not build it entirely out of dense block, it will really look daft at that height and length. Is it going to be a free standing wall or a retaining wall?

free standing, we were thinking of painting it. several people round here have them (but not as long)

Sponsored Links
I would use 5" 7N dense, that way you would not have to use pillers as long as its tied in at both ends. If not tied in use a double row of 4" 3.5 N dense. Hope that helps..:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back