Brickies in stoke on trent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys new to the forum.
Im looking todo an extension in summer doing the vast majority of the work myself but I have had a few quotes for brick work and there coming in around £2500 £3000 just for labour!!!
Its a side extension in render so breeze blocks but engineering bricks to dpc.
Its basically on the side of the house so back wall is 2.03mwide the length of the extension is 11.2m and the front which consist of a garage door and porch being 4.6m wide at the front single story extension.
its a side extension so its 3 external walls to be built and 2 internal walls 2.03m wide to separate the kitchen and garage.
Does that price sound the going rate! I was thing £150 a day x 6 days £900 how wrong!
Im capable of doing the brick work but I just arnt sure on setting out making sure the back wall is at the same height as the front wall by the time I reach wall plate height lol. Any brickies think they can do it for around 800 900?
Thanks for reading Damien

Sponsored Links
Hi guys new to the forum.
Im looking todo an extension in summer doing the vast majority of the work myself but I have had a few quotes for brick work and there coming in around £2500 £3000 just for labour!!!
Its a side extension in render so breeze blocks but engineering bricks to dpc.
Its basically on the side of the house so back wall is 2.03mwide the length of the extension is 11.2m and the front which consist of a garage door and porch being 4.6m wide at the front single story extension.
its a side extension so its 3 external walls to be built and 2 internal walls 2.03m wide to separate the kitchen and garage.
Does that price sound the going rate! I was thing £150 a day x 6 days £900 how wrong!
Im capable of doing the brick work but I just arnt sure on setting out making sure the back wall is at the same height as the front wall by the time I reach wall plate height lol. Any brickies think they can do it for around 800 900?
Effinell! Typical Clayhead!! It's time Stoke and its inhabitants joined the rest of us in the 21st century.

We dunner pay in oat cakes any more me duck! :mrgreen:

Get your hand in your pocket, you TSG.

Bloody hell if ur saying that about right thats 400-500 a day.....im in the wrong job. So i guess ur saying that the going rate?
Thanks

Bloody hell if ur saying that about right thats 400-500 a day.....im in the wrong job. So i guess ur saying that the going rate?
Thanks
:idea: My guess is that it will take more men and more time than you thought it would. :idea:

Sponsored Links
Im capable of doing the brick work but I just arnt sure on setting out making sure the back wall is at the same height as the front wall by the time I reach wall plate height lol.

Fix some datum pegs at DPC and then make a storey rod and the tops will be level.
You could pay someone a day rate and do the labouring yourself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back