Bricking up fireplace/lintel info

Sponsored Links
Even if it's just a single pillar of bricks either side?

Yes, that's much more than required, the lintel is supporting very little anyway.

By all means put something else in if you would be happier, but not required.

Superb Thankyou. Also, just to check can I gun out the raised floor infront of the fire so it's level with the parquet flooring (main lounge floor)

Sponsored Links
do I need to use floor leveling compound

Can do but a simple sand/cement screed would be ok. You want it to be level with the surrounding wood, and level, but as it is being carpeted it isn't so critical.

Can do but a simple sand/cement screed would be ok. You want it to be level with the surrounding wood, and level, but as it is being carpeted it isn't so critical.
Thanks so much for all the responses, I will take transformation pics along the way. One last thing, can I gun out this area right up to where the chimney brickwork starts? I didn't know whether the base/hearth on the floor which used to have tiles, beared or distributed the load of the chimney through it in some way

It's done. Need to start framework now

sveDS5O.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back