Bridging Packers?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm about to order some new sealed units to replace misted up ones. I know the dimensions etc but, on watching a couple of YouTube videos on how to correctly fit the new panes, I see there is something called a bridging packer. These seem to different to the usual coloured plastic glazing packers in that I think they allow water to run underneath them whereas the usual packers wouldn't as the have a type of grid formation on the underside. Does this sound right and, if so, where would you usually get these bridging packers as I can't seem to find any.

Cheers
NS

Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Thanks, I'm guessing I need a specific one to fit my particular profile? Would it be safe to assume that as I'm replacing panes that a bridging packer(s) might already be in place or are these normally not bothered with?

Sponsored Links
It all depends who fit them and what they chose to use, you may have some in or you may not but they are easy to cut to width to suit the frame channel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back