Bright Chrome Mag lock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello guys,

Chuffing architect wants shiney ones not the satin / aluminium standard type. Ive had a look in norbains catalogue and googled it, but cant find one except the full transom housing which is not going to be an option.

Any ideas where I may find one or a shiney cover for one.

Thanks in advance.

Rob

Sponsored Links
Hello guys,

Chuffing architect wants shiney ones not the satin / aluminium standard type. Ive had a look in norbains catalogue and googled it, but cant find one except the full transom housing which is not going to be an option.

Any ideas where I may find one or a shiney cover for one.

Thanks in advance.

Rob
Where you mounting it?
Below the from or on facia/architrave?

If the door frame isn't high enough there is argument to insist the full transom option is required (assuming you're hanging the lock on bottom edge of frame.)
Then he can have his shiney one.

Difficult to have a totally chrome one, the connecting surface has to be clean. IE not shiny.
You could use two concealed mag locks equidistant on the frame with a standard handle to pull/push on egress. Or you could use a Adams Rite shoot bolt.

What exactly is the design plan drawn up?

shoot bolts have been ruled out.

flushed in mags have also been ruled out.

transom housings have also.

although they all were my preferences to surface locks.

apparently as the building is listed alteration to the fabric of parts is not allowed but adding to them is fine....

the mag will be mounted on the frame rebate not onto the arcs.

so hopefully you could point me in the direction of a shiney one.

thanks

rob

Sponsored Links
Don't recall ever seeing a shiney one.
There might even be a technical reason for that. A steel housing would also become part of the magnet. Relevant??? don't know but may explain why we don't see them.

Why don't you get your Distributor to source them for you? Save a lot of fannying around.

you can get them in the good old usa lol and some external mag locks have a bright finish you could ask about having them chrome plated as the inner part and electrics can be removed on the cdv maglocks, but not sure if aluminium can be plated that easy.

Chrome plating can and will affect the shear loads involved.
You could try adding http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/1259872/art/race-sport/chrome-plated-soft-stick.html or similar. But NOT to the mag faces.

I will be with one of the countries leading electronic locking companies in the next few days and will enquire further. But knowing them for over 25 years and not seeing a totally chrome plated item as standard is not good for your cause.
You can plate ali with care it needs cleaning and zinc plating and some anti acid work just to be decorative. Not the usual hard plate normally on steel which could stand a door being open and closed and or slammed.

However I will ask as mentioned.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back