Bristan shower getting cooler over time...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I had a new shower mixer fitted about 6 months ago, and the temperature was fine. However it has got progressively cooler, and is now not hot enough. The other hot taps, eg on the bathroom sink and the kitcher sink are fine, and give a hot temperature.

This is the unit;

I had a look for a manual or documentation to see if it was possible to adjust the balance of flows, but I could not find anything on the bristan website.
Can anyone tell me whether it is possible to make that adjustment?

Thanks,
Tom

Sponsored Links
Even if there was, adjusting it wouldn't address the problem.

There could be a fault in the cartridge, in which case the Bristan warranty will cover you, or, if there's an inlet filter on the hot supply, it could be clogged.

Even if there was, adjusting it wouldn't address the problem.

There could be a fault in the cartridge, in which case the Bristan warranty will cover you, or, if there's an inlet filter on the hot supply, it could be clogged.

How would I clear the filter? would that be on the hot water pipe connection...?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back