bristan thermostatic shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Surface mounted mixer shower starts hot then cools down.Decided to dismantle having removed the temp control and flow control i finally managed to remove the internal valve. This looked scaled up but ok took photo so could go off and get replacement. I then re-assembled it all in reverse order how ever i can't now turn the shower off using the hand controls. I have looked at the whole assemble and there is no obvious markings to say which way round the valve should go. I'm replacing the whole unit but would like to know why it would'nt turn off.

Sponsored Links
I stripped my Bristan Therm. SV not so long ago because it was getting quite stiff to turn on and off. I actually used a marker pen to indicate the relative positions of the spined shaft. I think you may have rotated the main shaft while you were cleaning the cartridge body. The water on/off on my unit is a quarter turn 45 degrees, try re-positioning the large knob further round the splined shaft and turn it clock wise until it closes. Also use a good quality silicone grease around the rubber/neoprene sections to improve the cartridge rotation.

Cheers for reply will give it a go. Marking the valve with a marker pen was an after thought for me, good idea. thanx again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back