British Gas C1 boiler (Worcester)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a BG C1 boiler in our 2 bed terrace. We bought the house in August and there was no user manual left for us (the sellers don't have it anymore).

It had been recently serviced by BG Home something or other, as the service report was left for us.

I have just tried to buy a user manual from gotoplumbing.com. The gentleman on the phone was very helpful and looked through the manual whilst I was on the phone just in case what I needed wasn't in there so I didn't have to spend £12 unneccesarily. He said he didn't think the information I needed was included in the manual.

Basically, we turn our heating on by turning the thermostat up in the lounge. It doesn't appear to make the heating come on UNLESS the Advance button on the actual boiler is pressed. The man from gotoplumbing explained that by pressing advance it would give me one hour of heating. Often it gives us more than an hour.

I'm wondering if anyone who has used this boiler would be able to tell me how can I programme it so that I can a) have the heating come on in the morning, switch off and then come on again in the evening and b) How to get the heating to come on by turning the thermostat without making sure that the advance button is pressed.

As I said the man said that the manuals didn't have this information in it.

It has a digital clock on the boiler, with options to choose once, twice and two more options (which I can't remember what they are).

Any help would be gratefully appreciated!

Many thanks
MK.

Sponsored Links
Hi

Yes, I think its on and off.

There is also a Set , 'OK/+' and '-' buttons.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back