British Gas Fitted My New Heating/leak & Knocking Radiat

The correcyt wat to fit pipes in joist notches is to wrap with felt anf this allows expansion movement.

Only a very few installers ( like us ) ever do this and the rest end up with the clicking. But it is avoidable and paying BG prices you should expect it to be done properly.

Ask them in writing if they did use felt. If not tell them to fit it. If they did then expose a couple of notches and see if thats true.

I pointed out to a client that the BG installation had not sealed the gas pipe sleeve at the entry into the house. The Lead engineer who came to inspect spoke to me on the phone, refused to give me his name and was really quite rude to me.

WHY ARE SOME BRITISH GAS STAFF RUDE WHEN YOU POINT OUT THEY HAVE NOT DONE THE JOB PROPERLY?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Agile are you saying sleeve was not sealed at all even on the inside or just not on the outside as it enters building.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back