British Gas (Glowworm) 330+ boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please could anyone give any advice on how to control the water heat with the above boiler. My father in law had one fitted and has managed to reset something so that he now has only tepid water. The manual seems to make no mention of actual water temperature and how to set it. My own set-up has a thermostat in hall and thermostat attached to hot water tank as well as the usual timer and boiler itself. Fil's seems to have no thermostat anywhere so just the boiler with some sort of baffling electronic control and a rather antiquated timer (not digital despite only being fitted last year). I am not a handyperson (as you may guess) but my 21 year old son (who lives with fil) is also unable to fathom how to turn the water heat back on. Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
he should have a tank like you with a thermostat, its a heat only boiler.

Thanks Micky. My son says it is a wireless device which is wired into a 230 volts box. It is labelled b gas T4WR1 (wireless systems with settings for override 1 and 2 and learn mode) for models rf600.

What does this relate to on the boiler?

thats just a wireless stat for the heating. There should still be a seperate thermostat on the hot water cylinder. Although you can check on the boiler that the temperature is high enough, the "+" and "-" on the boiler with the radiator symbol should do this. Set it to about 65C

Sponsored Links
Ahh! Thanks. Father in law seemed to think that the rads were too hot so had turned this down to 33! I had thought my own was 65. I'm presuming this setting therefore has nothing to do with the heat of the rads.

Ahh! Thanks. Father in law seemed to think that the rads were too hot so had turned this down to 33! I had thought my own was 65. I'm presuming this setting therefore has nothing to do with the heat of the rads.

it affects the rads yes, but will also affect the hot water if turned below the hot water set temp.

Thanks again Jacky. I am going to have to trace the cylinder thermostat when I go up to hertz next week wt least I know what to look for now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back