Britony 80 wont light up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, on replying please bear in mind I'm an office worker with only a basic understanding of engineering.
I have a Caffoteaux and Maury Britony 80 Combi, the pilot light won't light up. I have set the switches to single and dual and tried it by using the clock, the hot water and just switching it to one. the ignition spark works and the 8 second cutoff kicks in correctly. I have tried unplugging all the solenoids and that made no difference.

Help, I'm freezing and need a warm wash.

Sponsored Links
First things first...

Do you have gas, water and electric. Are they ALL working?

When did this first happen?

Does the Central Heating OR Hot Water work at all?

I think your boiler has developed a fault.

You will probably need a competent boiler engineer.

Be aware your boiler is quite old and not very popular with boiler repairers and you may find it difficult to find someone who will fix it.

The only good thimng about that model is that I can almost always get it going again on my first visit with those symptoms.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hi both,

Thanks for the replies. yes, I have gas (cooker works, water, taps work, and electric (until I blow the fuses).

Agile, how do I determine a good repairer, there seems to be varying level of etiquette,eg, some appear to charge even if they fail to fix it.

Thats a big problem finding someone competent!

Unfortunately with an unpopular and old model it can be very difficult.

I think that make do have approved service engineers but I have had to go and sort out a repair which their engineers could not complete!

In that case always ask if they will agree a no-fix no-fee otherwise you will waste money on no hopers.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back