Chaffonteaux & Maury Britony Combi not firing up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a Chaffonteaux & Maury Britony combi which isn't firing up. The pump comes on but I get no ignition. Is there anything obvious I can check.

There is gas to the house (the cooker works) and the boiler has been serviced annually. I has been working today as the rads are still slightly warm.

Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions.

Regards
Haydn

Sponsored Links
A quick update. Had a thorough look at everything. The boiler doesn't fire up for CH or hot water.

The pump and fan come on when either CH or hot water are demanded. The pressure switch seems to be fine too. There is definitely gas to the boiler.

As far as I can tell there is no gas being released into the burner. I'm guessing this is because of a fault in the PCB or the solenoids?

Interestingly the red 'lockout light' does not come on at all (the manual says it should if there is no flame after 8 seconds).

I'm thinking its probably worth replacing the PCB first, any thoughts?

Cheers
Haydn

if its not locking out i would be thinking the aps isn't making, have you tested with a multimeter?

if its not locking out i would be thinking the aps isn't making, have you tested with a multimeter?

I tested the aps by simply blowing/sucking on the inlet and heard it click. How would I test it with a multi meter?

Thanks
Haydn

Sponsored Links

Is the APS fitted outside the combustion chamber where a DIYer can access it safely?

I tested the aps by simply blowing/sucking on the inlet and heard it click. How would I test it with a multi meter?

Thanks
Haydn

I think that he has been into the cc !!!

If he cannot do simple low resistance measurements with a multimeter then I think he needs a professional.

Quite apart from the gas safe issues!

Tony

PS Actually you can, in effect, measure the contact resistance from remote wires during operation if you know how.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back