Britony Combi 100SE - hot water problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon all,

What a splendid site I've just stumbled across. I hope someone can help with my ongoing boiler problem.

Numerous plumbers have looked at the job; one has told me I need a new PCB.

Britony Combi SE. Fires up when I turn the hot top on but then switches off again within ten seconds or so. Relights itself and then repeats the symptoms. Occasionally, it has given some hot water without tripping out but now won't even do that.

I've taken off the heat exchanger and de-limescaled it and replaced the hot water thermistor. Still no joy.

Any advice welcome!

:D

Tim

Sponsored Links
I had exactly the same problem when mine was under guarantee. After changing just about everything (including the PCB) they phoned the rep who told them it was the cold water-in sensor (pressure switch). They looked at it and it fell to bits when they touched it. Somewhere at the top right hand side of the boiler. It may not be that in your case - but same symptoms and same boiler so worth a look.

Sponsored Links
Can anyone shed any more light on the above problem?

Forgot to mention the PCB has been replaced.

Many thanks

Tim

In a previous post he said that he had a Baxi 105 and now he has a Combi 100SE? Get real sonny.To be a good liar you have to have a good memory for what you said previously.I can't wait to see what boiler you have next time. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back