Britony Combi 100 - No hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.
Unfortunately I have a Britony Combi 100. The Central Heating works fine but I have no hot water, I took the cover off, the burners are burning away no problem but no hot water. CH thermister replaced about 8 months ago. Could it be DHW thermister, the the Flow Switch, or something else ?

Sponsored Links
Hi.
........the burners are burning away no problem but no hot water.

Do you mean the burners fire up in DHW mode but you don't get any hot water ? or do you mean the burners fire up only in heating mode?

Sponsored Links
Hi G'guru
The burners fire up in CH mode and DHW mode and stay on but the water just comes out cold.

Feel the 22mm left hand pipe under the boiler...it probably gets hot under DHW mode. If so the diverter valve is probably jammed. You need Popeye arms to spring the pipework apart to change it :)

The left hand pipe is the CH outlet and it gets hot in CH mode, the next pipe is the DHW outlet pipe but this stays cold when the taps are on

Hi Gasguru, sorry I jumped the gun you were correct.
I have just turned the hot water tap on and the CH outlet pipe gets hot.
Thanks, I'll see how it goes :D

Hi gasguru
3 way valve replaced and all working fine. Thanks for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back