Britony Combi 80 problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi hopefully someone will be kind enough to help me. I have a Chaffoteaux ET Maury Britony Combi 80 boiler that had a couple of leaks that I’ve been working at sorting.

One of the leaks was from the over flow, the boiler was at about 2 bar in pressure but was leaking quite badly from the over flow pipe.

The main problem i found was the top up tap was faulty allowing the boiler to be constantly filled up. I have replaced the tap. I also found the blow off valve to be a bit dodge which I’ve stripped down and cleaned, this seems to be ok now.

The problem I got is the boiler is working fine, hot water, heating and no major leaks but the water pressure keeps increasing. I’ve checked the top up tap and this isn’t leaking, I have disconnected the top up flex hose, but the water pressure keeps creeping up. I keep releasing the water pressure to about 1 bar but it creeps back up again to well over 3 bar+.

Not sure what to do. Hopefully someone can help.

Thanks
Paul

Sponsored Links
Does the pressure increase when the system is running or overnight when cold?

If it does it when running then the expansion vessel will most likely require recharging. (See FAQs).

If it does it when cold overnight then the plate heat exchanger has corroded internally and needs replacing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back