Britony Combi SE 80 - Catalogue of errors! Please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know theres loads of writing, hopefully its all useful though...

The problem is with the hot water. Please bear with me while I try to explain further...

To get hot water;
-The heating control thermostat has to be on full whack.
-The boiler central heating control has to be on full.
-If the above is not done then it is not possible to get the hot water to work.
-The 'hours' timer has to be on continual. (The dial that turns the heating on automatically)

Other issues;
-When the orange light is on you can get hot water. Sometimes when the shower/tap is then turned on then after a short period of time the orange light goes out and then cols water comer through. If you reset the boiler it will be hot again and the process repeats itself.
-The problem has got gradually worse over a period of 6 months or so.
-When the water is on the heating is also on full whack.

Maybe relevant?
-When both the central heating dial and hot water dial are on full, you can get heating and hot water. If you turn the heating dial to off then the hot water will also turn off. If you turn the hot water dial off when the heating is still on the water will still run hot.
-There is occasionally a slight dripping that comes from somewhere within the boiler. A bowl below this does the trick and evaporates quicker than it fills up over 24hrs.
-When me or the missus wants a shower (every fortnight... :LOL: ) one of us has to stand by the boiler pressing reset when the orange light goes out! Annoying is not the word...

I cant think of anything else at the minute. Sorry its long winded, I just wanted to make sure I got all the info in there.

If anyone can help i'd really appreciate it. I'll buy you a beer or 6 through PayPal if it works!

Thanks in advance,
Mark.[/quote]

Sponsored Links
DIverter/diaphragm problem but many other small things too, by the sound.
Often you end up spending too much on old boilers before realiing they're too much trouble.
Worth a little effort to help it limp along until you can replace it, I'd suggest.

disconnect and short out the hw flow switch with the power off

restore power

if it then plays the game but squeals like a stuck pig the dhw h ex is full of carp :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back