Broken bath waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have one of this type of bath waste/overflow and the part that turns on the overflow to open the plug has come away.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/pop-up-bath-waste/27022

The two parts screw together but won’t do it without the two parts being held together.

Problem is that the back of the filler is behind a recently replaced bath panel which would be very tricky to remove.

Does anyone know of a way to fix this without taking the panel off?

Thanks

Alan

Sponsored Links
If it is the same as the last one I fitted the handwheel is removed by accessing a grub screw through a hole underneath, you might be able to hold the rear section through by putting pliers on the splined spindle while rotating the ring on the inside of the bath. :unsure:

Can you hook a piece of wire though the back part in order to hold it while the threads engage. Best option though is to bite the bullet and remove the bath panel and when replacing it, make sure it is removable in the future. Bath panels should not be sealed in as they are hiding bits that will at some point require maintenance. It does my head in when there is no access under a bath. Turns simple jobs into a nightmare.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back