Broken bleed valve/tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there
On one of our rads the bleed valve square stub has snapped off. The key can't open the valve.
The rad is now completely full of air.
Is there anything I can do short of replacing the rad?

Cheers
Alex

Sponsored Links
... or, depending what it looks like, you can sometimes cut a slot in the screw (and inevitably some of its surround) with a Dremel type drill with a small grinding disc, or a junior hacksaw. Then use a screwdriver.

Cheers
Sorry if it's a topic that's been discussed.
I tried a search but didn't find anything.
My rad is a silly design that has the stud on the back, facing away so there's no reall room to get tools in.
I'll have a good go tomorrow.
Cheers again
Alex

Sponsored Links
A Barlo then.
If you're a bit lucky you'll be able to undo the rad valves a fraction, lift the rad off the bracket and "fold" it down, so the valve is on top.

First check your rad key, cos a lot of them are a silly shape,with an inside chamfer. I've ground the one on my keyring to have a chamfer on the outside, so there's maximum engagement. Still no good if there's no square left, though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back