Radiator Bleed Valves Broken

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have four very old radiators at our offices, of the double rad type that really require bleeding.

Unfortunately, seven out of the eight bleed valves have been broken so there is nothing to turn with a key.

Any help or advice as to an alternative way of bleeding these rads would be very much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
electric-drill.png
792735.jpg

If they're the type of rads where the bleed screw is at the rear of the front panel on a double, then it is almost impossible.

Sponsored Links
No they are situated on the right hand side of the front and on the left hand side of the rear.

You will have to drain dorm and change the entire vent, if you can get them out that is.

Ok, I have finally managed to find a solution that works.

I just had to loosen the nut slightly and then it was possible just to push the pin in. This enabled me to successfully bleed all the radiators

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back