Broken button and no light on Bush A126Q washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There are four buttons on my machine which all have an individual light. Recently the Start button got jammed in, I was able to free it so it popped back out but it is no longer functional (the machine won't start) and the Start button's light does not turn on.

I ordered a replacement set of buttons but I'm wondering if the repair will likely involve something more than replacing the plastic strip of buttons. As the button's light no longer works, I assume a broken connection is likely. Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Update for anyone in the same situation: simply replacing the plastic strip of buttons solved the problem. I unscrewed the top of the machine and the front control panel (star / torx head screws) to get access to the button strip, unclipped them replaced them with a new set. I was careful not to touch the PCB at all.

Hi, I have the same problem and have ordered a replacement button strip. Can anyone provide guidance for removing the top from the Bush A127QW Wasing machine and accessing and replacing the button strip?

Sponsored Links
Have you tried it yet, or are you asking in advance? Mine was really straightforward (I would add you need a Torx screwdriver and to be careful not to touch the circuit board). Have you tried sliding the top off, rather than lifting it? The buttons just clip in and out.

Hello Tonton and thanks for your support. I don't know how, but we seem to be having crossed threads. I finished the job this morning, a very similar experience to your own, and I'm really pleased with the result. I've put.my methodology on my original post in the hope it might help others. Stay safe and well. Cheers, Ken

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back