Broken oven - help please!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a built in electric oven. It just reached temperature then went dead. No lights on the timer screen and the oven has simply gone dead. It's not heating any more and the fan doesn't work, nor does the grill. I can still hear the thermostat click when I turn the temperature dial. The hobs are fine. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help!

Sponsored Links
Seems as if a fuse has blown.

If all is well at the consumer unit then it is probably plugged in somewhere - behind the oven if you can't see anywhere else.

You will, likely, have to remove the oven.

Then you need to find out the reason.

Usually an easy job to remove the oven with 2 people. A few screws around the frame (open the doors you will see the screws.)

Then you will see the supply cable (it will be long enough to pull the oven right out) and where it comes from. It might well be plugged into a normal socket.

I had an issue with an oven where the supply cable had come loose in the oven's connection block and was earthing occasionally to the metal case and tripping.

Sponsored Links
I've got a built in electric oven. It just reached temperature then went dead. No lights on the timer screen and the oven has simply gone dead. It's not heating any more and the fan doesn't work, nor does the grill. I can still hear the thermostat click when I turn the temperature dial. The hobs are fine. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help!

I had the exact one of these faults the other day - I was surprised to find blue artic as its connection wire. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back