Broken Screen replacement help - HP Pavillion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I am looking to replace the screen on my HP Pavillion laptop. Several weeks ago one of my daughters used it and dropped it and has caused the screen to start flickering and flashing.

The model is a 15-cw1507sa and its the touchscreen model.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a replacement screen and also tell me how challenging it is to change the screen on the machine.

Many thanks

Dougie

Sponsored Links
Hi there..

Thankyou very much!!

I think even I could manage that.. DO you happen to know the best place to look for a replacement please?

Thanks

I'd try ebay from a seller with a decent reputation or rating. Be wary of item location too, delivery could take a while from China

Sponsored Links
i'll give it a shot then, thanks.. From the video, looks like first thing I'll be doing is taking the screen out and getting the part number.. thankyou for your help!

Put your Model or Serial into here for a Parts List
https://partsurfer.hp.com/partsurfer/

I normally deal with Business Models. Parts Lists may not be available for Consumer Models.

The HP Touch Laptops I have seen, have the Touch Panel bonded to the Screen.
You may struggle splitting.
The Screen/Touch Assemblies are very expensive.

HP offer a fixed price repair which may be more economical. Again this may just be Business Models

Normally a local PC guru will fix it for not much more than the screen, might be worth letting them quote, I have had some similar child related 'incidents'.

i'll give it a shot then, thanks.. From the video, looks like first thing I'll be doing is taking the screen out and getting the part number.. thankyou for your help!
The first thing I would do is check all the connectors are firmly in place!
You say that the screen is flickering and flashing - does the image look ok at times and the backlight is flashing, or is the display just a mess?

Hi there. Thanks for your replies.
Just out of interest, does the replacement screen have to be touch?? I dont really use this facility so wouldn't miss it to be honest.
@RandomGrinch - yeh, it does flicker but where the laptops hit the floor the screen is black.. so its constantly purple and the bottom 2 thirds have lines across flickering mirroring the screen.. I think its pretty broken.

It should be fine with a non-Touch Screen.
Probably best to get it apart and get the Screen Model from the Screen itself.
HP don't make Screens. It will be a Philips, LG, AUO or other Make

A variety of screens are used so just ordering one for it may be harder than just using the laptop model.
I'd first be taking the screen apart and checking which exact one it is.

You must contact a hp pavilion technician near your area to replace your laptop screen immediately. Because, if our laptop is broken or damaged, issues like black spots and lines may increase gradually and cause other serious issues in our system. If you are ready to replace your hp screen, you may ask the help of hp screen replacement centers like 'Laptop LCD screen'.

Cool.. okay.. thanks all. I’ll get my tools out this week and be back with an update.. thankyou!
Hi Dougie. I'm hoping you still check this forum from time to time. I've recently experienced a similar issue with my laptop (same model) and was wondering if you had an update on how your repairs went? And any issues/advice you may have with it?

Any help at all would be much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Back