Broken switch on Vokera Linea 28 Combi Boiler.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Vokera Linea 28 combi boiler.

The switch is broken, the light stays on whether Hot Water Only, Off/reset or Central Heating+Hot Water.

It was working before the summer warm spell, when we switched it to Hot Water only. We recently put back to Hot Water and Central Heating, but only the Hot water was working. After checking through this site, and then re-checked the unit. I've come the conclusion that the switch is smurfed :evil: .

Any Ideas on how to repair this. :?:

Sponsored Links
I think this problem might have been covered recently. Do a search on your boiler model and the word "switch" and you should find it.

You buy a new one from hrpc (part of same group plumb centre is in) or someone like that, only a couple of quid.

You have to take the main pcb off and the little one behind it if I remember right. The shaft passes through the little front pcb on it's way to the main pcb (But I have a crap memory this might be bul1shit)

There is something a little tricky about taking pcb's off and replacing, lots of leeds, some of th eones on a linea towards front left can be put on wrong way round, also it's possible to but the edge connectors for power on arseaboutface which results in the board ground becoming live, the job should really be done by someone corgi registered. You could ask locally how much to change the switch.

Shame it didn't stick in the heating and hot water mode.

Still I suppose you are one of the lucky ones at this time of year, at least you are getting hot water out of your combi.

Thanks, Found the article after a bit of digging. Manage to remove the broken shaft and find my way around the back-frontward pcbs, just need to get the correct part from HRPC (London SW18) I assume?

Thanks again for your help.

Sponsored Links
Parts Centre now innit ;)

Phone them before popping in to make sure they have the part, or they can order it in for you.

Ordered the part (better design than the original) from HRPC, which they delivered for under 3GBPs inclusive of P&P, fitted and everything now working perfectly. :D

Thanks for all your help.

Hi, anyone got the phone number for HRPC? My switch knob has a broken shaft too.

Thanks.

Hugh.

H R P C HIGHBURY
6 FROGMORE ESTATE KELVIN ROAD LONDON N5 2PW
020 7704 1155

H R P C WANDSWORTH
307 MERTON ROAD LONDON SW185JS
020 8875 1715

H R P C CAMDEN
10 CEDAR WAY INDUSTRIAL ESTATE CEDAR WAY LONDON NW1 0PD
020 7388 7272

H R P C TOTTENHAM
UNIT 12 MOWLEM TRADING ESTATE LEESIDE ROAD LONDON N17 0QJ
020 8365 9999

H R P C TOWER HAMLETS
UNIT 4 18-36 THOMAS ROAD LONDON E14 7BJ
020 7515 3100

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back