Broken Tilt & Turn Window hinge - MACO B21491

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
IMG_1475_zpsnpadziyi.jpg
Regrettably, the pictured hinge has just failed with the central pin snapping off. Does anyone know where (if) a replacement hinge can still be obtained please?
The label on the windows is MACO B21491.
Many thanks in advance,
Oscar

Sponsored Links
Update on the above and a further question please:
I have managed to source and new bottom hinge from Germany and am now trying to fix. Can someone please advise how the window is actually removed from the frame to allow the hinge to be replaced please?
I have put the window to the 'tilt' position which has given me access to the top hinges. The left hand attachment as you look at the photo twists 90 degrees (done) and this arm then lifts out from the window. But I can see no way to remove the right hand attachment?
IMG_1497.jpg

Once this is done, I am hoping that the window can then just be lifted off the bottom hinge?
Thanks in advance.

Oscar Whild - HELP - I have the same problem
Can you please tell me where you obtained your replacement hinge

Hi, it was this woman on German eBay - Claudia Brennenstuhl.
Google finds her.
Service was very good and hinges fit a treat.
Good luck

Sponsored Links
Umm, I think I have found the eBay site http://stores.ebay.de/Der-Beschlagdoktor-in-Berlin-Gatow?_rdc=1
But I am struggling to find the hinge I need.
My lack of German does not help.
Was it a 'Maco' part?
Yes, that's the correct site. It was a Maco part and I got the part number from the item itself. Regrettably I have deleted all the email traffic ref the purchase and only found the lady's name via my paypal account.
Ref the German - I just wrote the email in English and included a Google translation as well. That worked ok.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back