Maco tilt n turn window mechanism not operating properly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Tilt and turn window with Maco mechanism wouldn't close. The handle won't turn upwards to the turn position, it is in the horizontal tilt position, but the window is turned inwards. I've temporarily removed the fouling bottom keep on the frame and can close and lock the window. The handle turns freely between tilt and locked but won't go to turn position, even when holding in the turny latch thing half way up the outer frame edge.
Is there a standard thing which breaks/dislodges etc, or do I need to strip the window off the frame and dismantle it for investigation?

Sponsored Links
Hi,
Tilt and turn window with Maco mechanism wouldn't close. The handle won't turn upwards to the turn position, it is in the horizontal tilt position, but the window is turned inwards. I've temporarily removed the fouling bottom keep on the frame and can close and lock the window. The handle turns freely between tilt and locked but won't go to turn position, even when holding in the turny latch thing half way up the outer frame edge.
Is there a standard thing which breaks/dislodges etc, or do I need to strip the window off the frame and dismantle it for investigation?
Hi Alan
Did you get any solution at all to fix you non-closing window?
I've had that issue with more than one unit but I haven't found a solution myself. I even thought I was just some unique problem until I stumbled into your post. Thank you for posting about it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back