Tilt & Turn Window Advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm currently having some new windows fitted by a local FENSA registered installer, the last of which should be done either today or tomorrow.
Three of the windows are tilt & turn. In my parents house up to 2003 and in my old house from 2003 to 2019, all of the tilt & Turn windows worked the same way, which from the handle down and window closed, it was a 90 degree turn (handle to side ) to open the window fully and a 180 degree turn (handle to top) to tilt the window in from the top.
The new windows we've had fitted work the opposite way, with the handle 90 degrees to the side operating the tilt inwards from the top and the handle 180 degrees to the top opening the window fully inwards.
My concern is the handle to the side on the tilt movement as it seems to put additional strain on it when trying to close the window.
Are the handles on the new windows the wrong way round or have they changed in the last 25 years (the tilt & Turn in the old house was fitted about that long ago before I moved in)?
Also, all of the tilt & Turn windows are catching at the top side bolt. The bottom side bolt is fine with a gap of a good 3mm. The other windows, the bottom openers (Hinge at the top) are fine. It's just the tilt & Turns awkward handle position and catching at the top corner when closing.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back