Brother Laser Printer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a horrendous paper jam on my Brother HL 1440 Laser printer this morning. Finally managed to clear all the chewed up paper from the rollers using an array of implements but the printer is still showing a paper jam on the panel LED’s. Presumably there is some form of sensor in there somewhere but for the life of me I can’t find it & there doesn’t seem to be any easy way into the thing, I don't wan't to end up with springs & rollers all over the kitchen floor because I took out the wrong screws :confused: . The manual is about as much use as an ashtray on a motor bike & only gives "knob head" instructions such as “clear the paper jam & reset the LED’s using the power button” :rolleyes: ; hope it’s not terminal as I’ve just forked out £65 for a new drum & toner cartridge; it was printing as new until it jammed, anyone got any ideas or know wheer the sensor(s) are?

Sponsored Links
Brother printers are a PITA for these kind of problems.

Chances are there are still small fragments in there, especially if the paper didn't come out as a whole sheet (lol, it never does).

Try an use an air duster to try and blast any paper remants from the printer.

I threw a 1440 away the other month, otherwise i could have inspected it and given better advice. Darnit!

Just check it not false reporting; try cleaning the corona wire on the drum.

Blasted the rollers today using my compressor, couple of small bit of paper came out but the LED's still show a jam; still can't find any sensors but they must be there somewhere I suppose. :cry:

Sponsored Links
Back