Brother DCP 7010 printer.

DP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Since new I have replaced the cartridge twice. it has run out of toner giving a message 'toner low'

Worryingly, 'no paper fed' message also shown sometimes when it starts printing (no paper feeds even though paper is present in the tray).

'Toner life end' also displayed.

Getting a cartride is not a problem, but paper jamming is putting a hold on purchase of cartridge due to paper feed issues.

Is it time I spashed out on a new printer or is there a remedy to above problems.

If new printer that does the same work, what make and model

Thanks You

Dan

Sponsored Links
If the paper is not even moving any distance into the printer then I would sugest you have an issue with the feed rolls, probably glazed from paper resin. Assuming you always fan the paper to seperate the sheets before loading the tray. The the easiest way to clean the rolls is with some form of spirit on a cloth if you have easy access to them. If not try putting a sheet of course sandpaper in the tray & do a test print while holding the trail edge of the sandpaper. This should scuff up the rollers as they revolve on the sandpaper, you may need to do it a couple of times. If that fails then you have more serious problems which are, economically, not worth trying to repair. Sorry not able to make a recommendation as there are too many ifs & buts.

• Thanks
Reactions: DP
Sponsored Links
Back