Laser printer not printing - no image on paper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know why a colour laser printer will not transfer the print image to the paper?

The image is made up on the photo conductor, but not transferred to the paper - well the little windows flag is slightly printed in a test print

I have loaded some new reconditioned toners. But even if I put the originals back in then it still does not print

Its an Epson c900

Or if anyone knows some good forums for lasers printer discussions. I've searched google for the problem, but without much luck

Sponsored Links
Just a thought & assuming a colour laser has a drum the same as monotone printers, the drum unit has a finite life. On my Brother laser, pressing a sequence of buttons shows the drum life left; new drum units aren’t exactly cheap either!

If you have a good developed image on the drum but not on the paper , then your problem lies with the transfer corotron. Do you have someform of metal channel directly under the drum either built into the drum assy. ( copy cartridge ) or in the transport path of the paper? There should be a fine wire stretched across the length of the channel or possibly a serated strip of thin copperish/brassish looking metal with the points upward towards the drum. If this is ok then it could either be not connecting properly or the power supply has failed. Sorry not familiar with epson printers , but that is how most work. Some pics of the drum module & inside machine may help.

When I was at school I always remember a man coming to service the laser printers. Took them to bits, cleaned them down and re-assembled, there and then.

Sponsored Links
Back