Printer for Theatre Tickets (small card stock)

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
I am involved with a local theatre. We print out tickets using a proprietary package called "BoxOffice2000" which is no prob, and we have been using an Epson Inkjet printer. This is quite old, and is uneconomical in ink, so I checked that the package is compatible with a laser printer. It is, but the small size card stock we use for tickets will not auto-feed from the paper tray (possibly because it is too stiff to go round the rollers, or maybe because it is only about 125x80mm

It will feed OK through the straight-line manual feed.

I wonder if anyone has come across anything similar, and knows a printer that will feed small card?

Our preference is for an HP mono laser printer due to their ubiquity and relibility.

Sponsored Links
I would suggest you use a slightly lesser gm/sqm (less weighty) card.

Just keep going down through the card weights until you find the weight which the printer can use without jamming etc.

Cheers,

Charles.

The software makers seem to recommend a Citizen CLP 521 thermal printer for thermal tickets stock, and there's one on ebay for £60 item number 130397585976 (no connection with the seller), Might be easier than faffing around with sheetfed printers.

Sponsored Links
Back