Brush lost up the chimney :/

Call the fire brigade a ruddy great pressure wash will get it down or up :D
sorry :D :D :D

Sponsored Links
He should know exactly where the lost piece is, in the chimney, because of the lengh pulled out,+ 1 metre length.

Cheers Al, luckily draw is not a problem.
So, am i due to be let out?,stop following the crowd, and make your own mind up
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I have no idea what you are talking about which reaffirms my original opinion of you.
I take it from your post that I am not the only one that thinks you're a nutjob ?
A more intelligent person would glean something from that :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
An unhelpful post, that I wished hadn't been posted before this page was;

"Wait for Xmas, and Santa will dislodge it.."..I know.. :confused:

But Libby makes a point, you have some estimation how far up the chimney it is, and depending on the age of the house (unknown), it may be Victorian, with an upstairs fireplace, that can be knocked through, to access the chimney space, to remove said item? As a bricked up fire would be easier access, than removing the whole chimney brest.

Otherwise, upto the roof, and poke a pole down the chimney, to release the obstruction.

If you have access to roof ladders, then that is likely to be the cheaper option, although a DIY'er, climbing on a roof, is going to be scary, I prefer the knocking through an old fireplace, putting a few bricks back in, and a replaster/wallpaper session?

ChimneyBrush.jpg

Piece of conduit fixed to remaining brush poles.
Thread loop of suitably lengthed single cable through the conduit.
Open loop to loosely fit chimney flu (hence length of cable), pulling both 'free' ends of wire loop try to snare broken pole.

Overall probably better to extract downwards, unless you already know that the brush can exit via roof pot.
-0-

Call a chimney sweep. Pay their callout fee and let them laugh at you. They will surely have a way of getting it out - its their day job.

Well sorted it in the end with a little lateral thinking.

Went into the loft and chiselled out a brick on the internal chimney breast. I could then reach through into the chimney and pull the brush out. Relaid the brick , job done. :LOL:

Next time, fit a 'get you out of jail' cord to the brush head.

Lucky your flue wasn't lined - or was it?

-0-

Sponsored Links
Back